Canlan Ice Sports Winnipeg is currently looking for a Sales and Marketing Coordinator
The Sales & Marketing Coordinator is an inside marketing and sales professional who is passionate about selling the sports and recreational experience with a truly differentiated competitive advantage. They are primarily responsible for uncovering additional ice sales and booking opportunities through effectively managing the facility’s ice flow including ice contracts, spot rentals, third-party tournaments and in house tournaments.
This role is key in supporting the entire sales and marketing process; from bringing awareness and promoting the facilities products and services, to introduction of the facility to the prospect, to maintaining ongoing communication throughout the ‘life-cycle’ of the customer.
General responsibilities and duties
Sales & Revenue Development
- Management and maintenance of the facility’s CLASS operating system, pertaining to Ice Contracts and Spot Rentals, third-party tournaments and in house tournaments;
- Assist the Sales & Marketing Manager in the development and execution of a fully integrated direct sales strategy for the facility, ensuring a proactive and aggressive approach to revenue development, through Strategic Sales and Marketing plans
- With the Sales & Marketing Manager, work closely and collaboratively with all corporate brand/business unit managers to ensure optimal development and delivery of programs and initiatives to drive customer and revenue growth opportunities;
- With the Sales & Marketing Manager, work closely and collaboratively with facility Food & Beverage Manager (and Corporate Manager) to identify, develop and execute on new revenue opportunities, resulting from the acquisition of New Customers and increasing share-of-wallet (SOW) with existing customer-base;
- Assist in the discovery, development and relationship-building opportunities within their market through contact, to create New Customer revenue opportunities and maximize revenue from existing customers;
- Under the direction of the Sales and Marketing Manager and the General Manager provide assistance in the creation of the annual ice plan maximizing all opportunities for Adult Recreational Hockey, the Community Program Initiative, internal and external tournaments, contract holders and special event initiatives;
- Provide input into the monthly and quarterly review process to analyze the effectiveness of the ice sales plan
- As a key part of the Sales Team, assist in the development and delivery of best-in-class marketing and facility sales strategies;
- Provide assistance in the development and execution of relevant marketing materials and innovative strategies to ensure proper branding and facility offering awareness, (e.g. e-newsletter, website content, social media strategies, traditional advertising, CANLAN TV, etc.).
Customer Focused, Customer Relationships
- Under the leadership and direction of the Sales & Marketing Manager and General Manager, ensure facility customers experience “best-in-class” experience, customer care and overall satisfaction;
- Provide assistance in ensuring contract customer relationships at facility level from initial single point of contact responsibility through ongoing relationship development for the purpose of revenue maximization and long term business sustainability;
- Under the leadership of the Sales & Marketing Manager, be responsible for the creation and execution of in-house tournament initiatives and acts as in house point of contact for all 3rd party events.
Service Development & Leadership
- Under the direction of the Sales Manager provide support and assistance to our League & Program departments, including but not limited to ice, food & beverage (on a collaborative basis) and soccer (where applicable) to ensure facility goals are achieved;
- Under the direction of the Sales & Marketing Manager, provide assistance in the management of the accounts receivable process as it relates to the ice sales side of the business;
- Provide assistance in regular reporting requirements providing facility performance to plan and providing strategic recommendations and/or analysis to meet and exceed plan;
- Other duties as assigned by the Sales & Marketing Manager
We are looking for someone who has Qualifications
- Post-Secondary school diploma or degree in business (marketing and/or recreation would be an asset)
- Minimum 3 years of sales experience (within a sports/recreational environment would be an asset)
Experience and skills
- Demonstrated experience in closing in a sales environment
- Previous experience in an inside sales environment an asset
- Excellent listening and customer service skills to provide solutions
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication, including presentation ability
- Strong follow-up skills and an ability to deal with tact, diplomacy and confidentiality
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite and database management
- Strong working knowledge of the online and social media
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
If you are interested in this role please apply online.