Job ID: 2649 - Excluded
Burnaby , BC
Reporting to the Senior Manager - Supply Chain Management, the Manager Procurement is responsible for managing the procurement function of construction and operations, and for developing and maintaining the supply chain operating infrastructure to support the goals and objectives of the Supply Chain team and its decentralized internal stakeholders.
YOU BRING TO THE ROLE:
- University or College degree or diploma in a relevant discipline such as business, finance or economics.
- Designation in a registered Supply Management Program as an accredited Professional, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Considerable experience in managing the procurement function for a complex public sector organization, including experience in establishing and implementing best practice procurement processes and procedures in a complex administrative and financial environment.
- Considerable experience in the relevant area of procurement (i.e. construction and/or operations).
- Considerable knowledge of the philosophies, practices and processes of procurement, contracting and vendor management.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the diverse procurement requirements for a public sector organization.
- Good understanding of supply chain processes and "total cost" concepts.
- Strong knowledge of cost and financial analysis.
- Knowledge of trends and developments in the industry and marketplace.
- Ability to identify and develop opportunities for reducing purchasing costs/supply risk and achieving procurement efficiencies.
- Ability to establish a high level of rapport with Commission management and staff, vendors, contractors and other service providers.
- Well developed research, analytical, problem solving, planning and organizational skills.
- Well developed oral and written communication, presentation, leadership, facilitation, negotiation, conflict resolution and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead, mentor and motivate staff in a team environment.
▪ Personal Effectiveness ▪ Communication ▪ Results Oriented ▪ Teamwork ▪ Service Oriented
▪ Alignment & Results ▪ Relationship Management/Building ▪ Team Development
Please review the Job Description prior to applying
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
To be considered for this competition, please submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they you meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
When applying, please submit your cover letter and application as one single document as a word or pdf file only.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.