MacEwan University is seeking an experienced, collaborative and visionary leader and educator to lead the School of Business. The Dean is an integral member of the University’s senior leadership team and will be expected to provide dynamic, strategic and visionary academic leadership by promoting excellence and integrity.
The ideal candidate will bring significant experience in university administration and will have a track record of operating creatively and effectively in a complex environment. With a doctoral degree in a relevant field, candidates must also possess a record of excellence in teaching and scholarly work, and a commitment to business education.
• Experience in university administration, preferably as a dean, associate dean, chair or director
• A strong record of teaching, scholarship and service
• Experience and expertise in the policy and practice of business education
• Successful experience in a student-focused institution that places a high degree of importance on the quality of its teaching and the provision of a variety of learning options and modes of delivery
• The ability to develop well-researched business cases in advocating for additional resources
• A collaborative leadership style with the ability to encourage others to participate in collegial governance and decision making
• Prior experience in developing or contributing to academic planning at the Faculty or institutional level
• An inspiring, engaging communication style that encourages collaboration and partnership
• Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills and an ability to foster a positive and supportive work environment
• Success in fostering innovative solutions to address academic or administrative challenges
• Outstanding leadership skills, including a commitment to action and a demonstrated ability to inspire and mobilize others
MacEwan offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Salary Range: Will be negotiated.
Consideration of candidates will begin in July 2017 and will continue until the position is filled. Candidates are sought for a continuing academic appointment to begin as early as January 2018 or at a mutually agreed upon date.
MacEwan University recruits and selects on the basis of qualifications, skills, and other bona fide occupational requirements. We are committed to hiring practices that promote diversity and are inclusive and barrier-free. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
MacEwan University is being supported in the search by The Geldart Group, an executive search and leadership consulting firm.
To learn more about this exciting and challenging leadership opportunity, please call Khaleeda Jamal or Cameron Geldart at (604) 926-0005. Applications for this position should be made by the submission of a cover letter, curriculum vitae and the names of three references (with contact information) to email@example.com.
This position is included under the Out of Scope employee policy.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
Category Full-Time Continuing
Salary Commensurate with education and experience
Closing Date Open until a suitable candidate is found
Competition No. 17.02.124
Apply Online Apply Now
Personal Information Collection Notification
Personal information is being collected to determine your qualifications for employment. This information is collected, used and protected under the authority of and in accordance with the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. It may be provided to non-HR members of a hiring and interview panel if your application advances to that stage of the hiring process. If you have any questions about these arrangements, please contact: Human Resources, University Services Centre, Rm. 10-600, 10700-104 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 4S2 or phone (780) 497-5434.